Thursday, February 24, 2011

Puppy/Pastry PSA


Hey y'all, I've been mad busy lately but wanted to stop in to give my Boston friends a heads up on a benefit show/bake sale this Friday.
My friend's sweet beast, Isabelle!, is a rescued pup.  She is an absolute angel and cuddles me up whenever I go over to chill with her momma/auntie.  Recently, she was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor (puppy breast cancer, methinks :(((() and the surgery to treat it is very expensive. There is a party-type/show-type event with bands and baked goods/art for sale THIS FRIDAY to help raise money for her surgery. Regrettably, I will be in NY this weekend, but I have prepared sesame pumpkin cookies (vegan), vanilla bean macaroons (vegan), flourless double chocolate cookies, whoopie pies!!! and even peanut pumpkin veggie bones for the noble beast in your life.

Baking up a storm was great fun, and I learned several things in the process:
  1. The secret ingredient in whoopie pie frosting is marshmallow fluff.
  2. Fresh-baked dog biscuits isn't the worst smell to have in your house.
  3. Can we go back to the whoopie pie frosting, please?
Viva Isabelle!

2 comments:

  1. She is the sweetest dog evah. She loves climbing on me, because she thinks she is Yorkie-sized. I love that damn dog.

    ReplyDelete