Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Blizzid/Snowdaze

Hey yawll.  I'm back from hiding, but still in hibernation.


In case you missed it:
  1. I got a Droid!  (Xmas gift to self)
  2. We got a blizzard!  (Xmas gift from Satan Santa?)
I love my phone so much it sickens me. I sleep with the thing! It was a great choice for me because I got to stay with Verizon (sarcastic YIPPEE) and bite my thumb at Apple. Plus, it has tons of great apps, including grocery list-makers and bubble wrap. You can even download a running tracker, which works just like a Garmin! That feature alone pays for the Droid. I'm taking lots of pictures with the phone; all of the photos in this post were taken with an app called Polandroid. Get into it.
Yes, I am waxing poetic over MY PRECIOUS MATERIALISM.


An unedited Blue Christmas in Maine, where I ate Japanese food and opened gifts with my Pa and everloving brother. I got a stability ball with sand inside, so it can't run away from me!

I went to the gym with Pa on Friday; he also belongs to Planet Fitness.  Portland's version, however, is FAR superior to Boston's.  They have a huge stretching room, stability balls, medicine balls, foam rollers, hairdryers, Stairmasters and barbells.  We don't have any of those delights in Beantown!  I did a little bit of everything, since I was so excited to have some variety, and my calves are still sore... I can't figure out why.


Came back to Boston on Sunday to avoid the storm of the century (don't worry, I'm still wearing my Storm Center sweater) and have a 20-something Christmas with Janesy.  I also baked.  A lot.


  • Unphotogenic Applesauce (just apples, lemon juice and spices in the dutch oven)
  • Peppermint Fudge Brownies (adapted from OSG)
  • Herbed Crackers (also via OSG)
  • Kitchen Sink Breakfast Bread (featuring coconut, Craisins and carrots... take a guess where from)
  • Cherry Apple Muffins (recipe needs tweaking, then I will post)
  • Veggie Marinara (true blue/guesstimate recipe from Cooking Light)
  • Butternut Squash, Caramelized Onion and Feta Pizza (from the vault)
  • About 100 Salads (to balance out the above)
All vegan!  Wicked fun.


I ate a brownie and a muffin for breakfast with my black koffee. Ok, and some Kitchen Sink Bread. What! It's vacation. Plus, they are ho-made; no junk.

And now I digest. If only I had the energy to reach my log book to draft an at-home workout... I am thinking something with the stability ball, 10lb. weights and a lil yoga.  In the meantime, I am going to stare at the beautiful astros my mama gave me and try to pick up notes of the blooming paperwhite on my bedside table.



I will leave you with some red/green Jello shotties from my company Christmas party.  Here's hoping you had a fantastic holiday.  What fun things are you doing for NYE?  I've been invited to moonlight as the third member of Jane and her boyfriend's relationship (for one night only).  We are going to paint the town pink.

2 comments:

  1. I want a jello shot. Sounds like a good holiday weekend. Make sure you tell the Droid to wear a condom in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actual text I sent my roommate last week: "I got screen protectors in the mail and it's like typing with a fucking Trojan on my phone."

    ReplyDelete