Friday, December 31, 2010

It's that time....

Ladies and gents, put on your freakum dress and say PEACE OUT to 2010.  I have a hate/hate relationship with NYE; I always feel like everybody else is having more fun than me! I will be ringing in the fresh new year with a glass of Andre and Sunny D in hand at a houseparty... but I have also given myself permission to sneak out, take a cab home and curl up on the couch in my Happy Pants if I'm not having fun.  Either way, let's bring 2011 in with a bang!


I do my best thinking in the shower and in bed, when I'm about to fall asleep.  Between those two locations, I was able to rack up a pretty impressive list of goals for the coming year.  2010 was a huge year of change for me, and I plan on continuing that trend in 2011.  Here are a few of my goals:
  • Drink 64 oz. of water per day.  I'm going to use this app at work and at home!   
  • Do yoga twice per week.  I use YogaDownload.com's free 20-minute sessions. They just released a new class yesterday, Forrest Yoga, which I'm excited to try.
  • Run 3 races.  Self-explanatory.
  • WRITE when I feel sad or lonely instead of engaging in self-destructive activities (drinking or texting/emailing people I shouldn't).  I love to write, and I think this will be a great therapeutic exercise.
  • Try 10 new foods.  Excitement!  I'll update the ol' blogster with this info.
  • Be aware of my alcohol intake.  I don't want to limit or punish myself, but I would like to take a breath and reflect before I pour that third glass of wine that usually pushes me over the edge (to Headache City).
  • Paint my nails 1x per week.  I am a chronic nailbiter, and I figure that I may be less likely to nibble if I paint my nails.  Maybe?
  • Run 365 miles.  This is my big resolution.  I am excited to chip away at it, whether through a mile per day or several runs per week.
This is going to be fun!  I'm trying to accentuate the positive by focusing my resolutions on the WILLs, not the WON'Ts.


I'd love to hear your ressies.  What are you gonna make happen in 2011?

4 comments:

  1. freakum dress..hahaha! love it.
    my resolution is to just keep on keepin' on..and i'm with ya on trying new foods.
    love your blog, have a fun nye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list! It sounds positive, and also manageable since you're taking into account some barriers you may encounter.

    I am way too scattered right now to have any resolutions, so I may just have to say that my resolution is to focus and identify my goals!

    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think my resolution is to be myself, whoever that is. your list is fab. positive and do-able and fun. happy 2011, girlie!! ♥ Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list Rhea!

    I still haven't taken the time to nail down my list of goals for this year, but am definitely planning on it sometime this week!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete