Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What $50 at Trader Joe's looks like

baby spinach - ricotta - organic tofu - organic mozzarella - whole wheat flour - romaine hearts - organic garbanzo beans (x2) - tomato paste - barbecue sauce - dried mango - dried mission figs - dried powerberry blend - grape tomatoes - organic euro cucumber - organic zucchini - bananas - lemons (x2) - braeburn apple - green apples (x2) - sugar snap peas - organic baby lettuces

Pretty typical grocery haul for me, with the exception of the ricotta (it was for a recipe), shredded mozz (I usually roll with sticks for snacks) and the flour (needed to re-up my pantry).  I went to my local co-op the next day for bulk items but I did not photograph the result, as I sometimes like to fool my roommates into thinking I have a life

3 comments:

  1. You should make a pizza with the figs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh... I so miss Trader Joe's. Five more months, five more months, five more months. They won't know what hit em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES. YES. Fig pizza, bitches. I would totally throw proscuitto on if I weren't an angry vegetarian.
    Vanessa, want to do a mail swap!?

    ReplyDelete