I've had fun "sampling" all different roasts and varieties; the vast selection of cheap blends at Trader Joe's (what up, Portland!*) has eased my transition into CAFFEINEHOLIC. My latest purchase was a $6.99? tub of pre-ground (vacuum packed for you snobs) Peppermint Coffee.
Ground Coffee with peppermint leaves, ground vanilla beans and a dash of red peppercorns.
The label should say: not your typical flavored coffee! It has the subtlest flavor of sweet peppermint. I enjoyed a big mug of the stuff spiked with almond milk this morning and the wheels are already turning about the concoctions I can brew this winter. I definitely want to do a warmed/frothed in a shaky jar almond milk and peppermint latte topped with whipped cream on the first snowy day.
*Portland, ME, my land of origin, got its very own Trader Joe's last weekend. My dad, among hordes of others, was beside himself with joy. I helped him make a list of things to try. It was cute.
I LOVE Trader Joe's! We shop there every week. My favorite coffee is only $3,99 and I have it half 'n half with milk. Yum!
ReplyDeleteYour favorite trainer :-)
Oh wow, that latte your described sounds perfect! You have now inspired me to break out our espresso machine and get to work!
ReplyDeleteI wish so badly we had a Trader Joe's. The stash I picked up there while in DC a couple of weeks ago is dwindling, and I'm getting sad:(
this is such a cute post! i love trader joe's so much. also, i have fun news! you're the winner of the Ruche giveaway on my blog. just email me and i'll get you the gift certificate :) joanna_goddard at yahoo xoxo
ReplyDeleteOh my god. Peppermint coffee???? I think I might have to buy some of this really soon!
ReplyDelete