Saturday, November 27, 2010

Season's Eatings, Y'awlll!

First up: Easy Thanksgiving for One (plus leftovers!)


Roasted tofu cutlets with unpoulty seasoning (sage, oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper), ho-made cornbread stuffing (ho-made cornbread [secret ingredient: 1 can o' corn] cubes, veggie broth, Earth Balance, celery, onion, garlic and aforementioned unpoulty seasoning) and roasted root-ish vegetables (beets, carrots, onion and garlic tossed in olive oil salt and pepper).  Everything gets acquainted in a 425 degree oven.

I had never before had luck with from-scratch stuffing, but I discovered the secret: a brave face that won't take no B.S. from misbehavin' bread cubes.

And then: spaghetti squash, ho-made marinara (2 cans whole tomatoes simmered with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, onions, celery, garlic and a whole mess o' spices) and vegan parmesan (equal parts nutritional yeast and toasted sesame seeds ground in a mortar/pestle with lots of sea salt.  Also, toast with vegan compound herbed butter on top (Earth Balance spiked with garlic and the unpoultry seasoning).  I LOVE squash, and I only had my first sketti squash last weekend.  It's so easy!  You must try.


Featuring... SANTA!!!!!


These cozy winter meals brought to you by the wonder of pre-made ho-made deliciousness. Did I mention they're all vegan? 

3 comments:

  1. Two words: Holy YUUUUUUUUUMINESS!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gabriela, thanks friend! The cornerstone is the special buttered toast. So simple, yet so satiAfying. A yummy treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. let's hang out, and cook, and eat. Yummmmm vegan deliciousness!! Happy thanksgiving, hon.

    - Cat

    ReplyDelete