Monday, November 15, 2010

Pass the potaters, PLEASE

Hi friends, I'd like to ask for your vote in Purity Organic Drinks' turkey day contest! Why? Because I'd feast in peace with Mr. Gobbles, Boston's first and only celebreturkey!  

[sourcery]

You may or may not know this (I cannot remember if I divulged this tidbit on the ol' blogster), but I recently went vegetarian!  I have not partaken in meat eating, nibbling or GOBBLING since I returned from San Francisco.  That is why I chose Mr. Gobbles as my ~fantasy dinner date~ in Purity O's contest.  Plus, turkeys are awesome.  They always hang out in flocks (fancy editor says: gaggles) in the streets of Maine, and they don't move, even if you honk at them!  They just stand there and jiggle their sexy red neck-thing around.   I do the same thing if confronted by a vehicle during my early-morning commute to work.  A bird after my own heart!

Viva Gobbles, the original bird diva!  Here's a link to his story, along with a paparazzi pic snapped before sir gobbles was whisked away to the Animal Rescue League’s premiere turkey resort (don't go in the "sauna", gobbles!!!!!!!!!!) do it for the turkeys, the vegetarians and all the side-dish-lovers out there! thanks for your vote (just click "contests" on Purity O's page) and Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. yay for trying vegetarian! sometimes i really love that it forces me to be more creative with cooking than i would be otherwise. and even though i'm not vegan, its always really satisfying to deliciously veganize a good recipe!

    ReplyDelete