A colorful and crunchy breakfast. I love all the textures. I got sick from eating dried apricots when I was little, so I always thought that I would be permanently averse to them. I walk by them in Trader Joe's every week and stare at them longingly; they're so pretty and I love the way they taste! Well, I bought some last night to toss in
this recipe, assuming they wouldn't give me trouble in smaller amounts. I snacked on a couple this morning whilst bemoaning my aversion to Jake.
"I wish apricots didn't make me sick, they are soooooooooooooooooooo good."
"Why do they make you sick?"
"I don't know, I just remember this time that I got this terrible stomach thing after I ate a bag of them when I was younger."
"So... that was the only time it happened?"
*Slows chewing, eyes alight with epiphany*
 |
| Stonyfield strawberry, chopped almonds and the Chosen Ones. |
WELCOME BACK, APRICOTS!
Mmm, I love dried apricots! They're awesome in frozen yogurt or banana soft serve :)
ReplyDeleteoh man i totally forgot about banana soft serve!!! i was just at the grocery store, but i'll definitely pick up some day old banaynays next time i go. apricots would be an incredible addition.
ReplyDeleteHah, I like that I helped
ReplyDeleteDried apricots are my favorite!! I eat them all the time as a preworkout snack or dessert. Glad you discovered they don't make you sick afterall!
ReplyDelete