Sunday, July 11, 2010

Brunchables

I woke up HONGRAY this morning, but low on breakfast materials: no eggs, no milk, no yogurt.  Boyfriend suggested we went to brunch, so we headed over to Sorella's!
Sorella's is a fantastic brunch place that I was first introduced to by my friend Susie.  They have massive omelets with mile-long mix in lists: pistachios, feta, sprouts, goat cheese, dried cranberries, etc.  I love their chocolate chip oatmeal pancakes.  The downside to Sorella's is the wait.  The last time Boyfriend and I went, it took over an hour for us to get our food!
So it was probably a bad idea that we went there hungry this morning.



Check out that menu!  Smiley
We started with water, tea and coffee.


I'm a little teaaaaaaaapot!
Ordering tea was my first mistake.  I'm a tea snob, and I can't stand it when restaurants serve bathwater-temp water next to a sad little bad of Lipton.  I will concede, however, that the teapot was cute.

I started my food order with the fruit bowl.


Bananas, strawberries, grapes, blueberries, pineapple, canteloupe and oranges.
Boyfriend commented that I "inhaled" it.



What do you think?  Notice I didn't eat much of the peasant fruits... bananas and oranges in fruit salad are fillers, I tell ya!  Gimme the berries.  And pineapple (my favorito).

I ordered the Sorella's Mozzarella for my main.  It was sort of like a savory french toast: Texas Toast with eggs, spinach, mozzarella, marinara and home fries.



I did not care for it, to be honest.  Marinara is very hit or miss to me.  I don't like it to be too sour, and this one was very metallic and acidic tasting.  Boyfriend noted that it tasted like cafeteria food, and sadly, he was right.  Smiley
Thankfully, he's a nice Boyfriend, and shared his toast and pancakes with me.


Plus unpictured toast, as I would have needed a panoramic camera to capture it.

After brunch, we walked home and enjoyed the weather.  It's finally cooled down a bit, so I can enjoy the sun! I also made a pit-stop at the store to pick up the ingredients for a recipe which shall be posted later today.

Happy Sunday!

1 comment: