How is your weekend going? I'm excited because mine is far from over, as I'm taking tomorrow off. I'm a big believer in mental health days, especially during gorgeous weather and particularly during stressful times. This weekend, however, has been far from stressful. I had lots of FUN.
After I picked up my CSA, Angela came over and we had a Green Monster tasting party. She brought me over two very thoughtful gifts: frozen farmer's market blueberries and fancy green pepper olive oil! I can't wait to use the oil in salads or eggs. The blueberries got put to use straight away in our smoothies! We followed the other Angela's classic GM recipe of 2 cups spinach, 1 cup milk, 1 banana, ice and added our own mix-ins: chia, flax and blueberries.
Action shot:: vanilla soy milk goes into the "pot"!
Angela was a great co-captain, a good sport and very brave. Check out that weird looking pitcher!
Blended up.
Portioned out.
Garnished with a blueberry smile and Mickey Mouse.
She likes it! She likes it! See: GM moustache.
Here we see me slurpin' on my GM and lookin' like a bobblehead.
Fancy glass and dainty straw are optional additions to the GM experience. Jake got me this Dharma Straw for my birthday and I LOVE IT. It's quite durable, but does come with a lifetime replacement guarantee for us klutzes. The straw took a little while to get used to, but now I'm using it for everything from water to juice to smoothies. I even brought it to work to stick in my iced coffee. My coworkers were not as excited about my scary-looking paraphernalia. Verbatim: "Get your crack pipe out of here."
Anyfired, the GMs were very refreshing on a hot, humid day. I loved the addition of blueberries, they really sweetened it up! Tasted like a yummy banana milkshake.
We brought some scraps to Mr. Waffles and he loved them. It's been a long time since I provided some Mr. Waffles photo action, my apologies to his devoted fans!
What a diva.
After we made the monsters, sipped on some juice and played with Mr. Waffles, we strolled to one of my favorite local shops, Gadgets. The store is stocked to the ceiling with kitchen tools and ingredients: it's a foodie's paradise.
I'll show off my shopping finds tomorrow, but now I must get ready for an important dinner [how do the big bloggers update several times per day?!]. Tomorrow, I'll also share with you my market adventure from this morning and some pictures from my new
Question of the Day: What was the last new food or recipe you tried? I bought a jar of sunflower seed butter, a totally new ingredient to me, and I'm not too crazy about it. I think I shall relegate it to my mom, who is getting interested in more foreign nut butters beyond the classic PB. I was like a proud mama, myself, when Angela had her first sip of the GM. I'm impressed at her open mind and courage in the face the green sludge! I'm a missionary of the monster variety, and I think we have another convert ;)
that spiralizer is absolutely fab and looks like so much fun! You have a new follower!
ReplyDeletexo
@Fashion, that spiralizer provided me with hours, HOURS of enjoyment. I kid you not. Spiralizer this! Spiralizer that! Until my boyfriend threatened to spiralize my head.
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for the bloglovin' :D