Just kidding, guys! My heart is not cold, but HOT on account of the weather. There was no way I was turning on the stove tonight. Instead, I opted for a cold, refreshing juice! when I got home.
My juice face:
I washed the following and prepared them for
- one giant apple (a lunch reject, due to a big, mushy bruise)
- one lemon (i ended up using only half)
- one carrot (of normal stature)
- one CSA beet (a good ol' fashioned marroon beet was a surprise within my CSA. You know how you get surprised upon opening the weekly CSA box? Well, I have been doubly surprised by different colored beets! I've sliced open pink, red, even marbled beet babies. So pretty.)
- a wee nub of ginger
Bam. Don't you wish it were actually that quick? Epic knife shot, too.
Into the juicer they went.
I got my juicer for $20 on Craigslist a few months ago. The brand is Moulinex, and it seems to be a model from the 1990s. It may not be the fastest or most aesthetically pleasing appliance in my kitchen, but it gets the job done.
Beautiful, frothy, and "normal" looking juice specimen.
...OR IS IT?
Seriously intense. The Fitnessista doesn't call it Cullen Juice for nothing, people.
The best part about making juice is making use of the living garbage disposal.
Mr. Waffles, my friend's bunny, goes INSANE when I bring him my fruit and vegetable scraps. He runs over to the door as soon as I come in because he knows that I come bearing gifts. Such a sweet little bunneh babeh.
Now to scrounge something up for supper. On the menu: veggie burger and feta wraps with veggies. And then? Laying in front of the fan, wondering how people survive in Florida.
Edit: As soon as I hit publish, I took an overzealous swig of juice and splashed it all over my white and gray striped tank top. As macabre and fascinating as this visual was, I refuse to provide photographic documentation, as operating this blog with anything less than the few meager shreds of dignity I maintain in real life would be a disservice.
Edit, Part II: Scratch that "dignity" thing-- forgot I used smileys in this post.





No comments:
Post a Comment