Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Photo finish

Hi guys!

I'm about to hop in the shower and head over to Jake's for my birthday dinner.  He offered me two choices: we could either go to a restaurant of my choice or he would cook whatever I wanted.  I chose the latter because hey, I can go out to eat whenever I want, and how many times is my big, strong, handsome, already-bought-my-gift-and-probably-doesn't-even-read-this-so-I-don't-need-to-butter-him-up man going to offer up a homemade dinner catered to me?  Plus, I like the idea of him frantically rushing around the kitchen wearing only an apron and a strategically placed whisk.

Anyhe'sgoingtoreturnmygiftifheactuallydoesreadthis, I'll keep this short tonight.  Full birthday recap to come tomorrow!

I woke up to a beautiful gift from one of my dear friends, Jane.  She's a fantastic artist and I've been pestering her for a Janesy original for a long time.  Also, in case you didn't know: Jane is Mr. Waffles' mommy!


I can't wait to find the perfect frame and hang it up.  Thank you, Jane!

We do birthdays up in a big way at my work- lunch, dessert, beautiful presents and flowers, the whole nine yards.  We're in the midst of a sort of stressful move, so the fact that all of my work buddies came together to make my day unforgettable made this year even more special!

Lunch was our perennial favorite, Thai Dish.  I got the spicy shrimp salad, partly because I love me some shrimp, but mostly because of the name.


Internet, I am not messing around.



It was an unforgettable topless extravaganza.

My coworkers got me an awesome card and an even better gift- something that I will use every day, especially for my blog.  Can you guess what it is?  Peep this post's title if you need a hint.  ;)



Alright, off the enjoy my lovingly prepared feast!  I'll update you on all the other birthday hi-jinx, including the unforgettable dessert spread from lunch!, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment