Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Typical.

Hey hey y'all!  I realized how cruel it was of me to leave you hanging-- waiting with bated breath and drool glimmering in the corners of your mouths, to be sure-- in regard to my mystery dessert last night.  All I said was that it was little pieces.  Well, wait no more, friends!


Pomegranate!  Tastes like sweet cranberries, for the uninitiated.  You may now resume your evenings unfettered by the mystery of my Monday dessert.

Twas back to reality today.  Woke up early for a bowl of yogurt, bananas, granola, whole wheat bread and Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter.  Unphotographed by sleepy eyes and hands.

Midmorning, I munched on an apple pie LaraBar at my desk.  Apple pie is my favorite flavor of LB besides my true blue, Cherry Pie.  So fresh.


Lunch was very big and deeply satisfying.


Spiralized salad masterpiece, Dr. Kracker's pumpkin seed and cheddar goodness, one Fuji and spiced lentils (AKA the guts of some stuffed peppers I made.  Why do I make stuffed peppers when I know full well that I can't abide peps??).

And...


2 cute lil' CSA plummies.

I rushed and rushed and rushed around town until I collapsed at home in my chair with dis:


Oh holy Italian-inspired salad, I quake in your presence.  And then I eat you in three bites.  OG baby spinach (a totally different beast than big, scary spinach), CSA arugula, CSA ruffly neon green lettuce, ribboned carrots, spiralized CSA beets, 1/2 can rinsed Eden's OG navy beans, 1/2 a CSA tomato, 1/2 a CSA cuke, sprigs of CSA fennel and basil, spritz of olive oil, drizzle of balsamic along with shakes of parmesan, salt and pep.  Plus more from the good Dr. Kracker.  Oh, and a finger-sized wedge of sharp cheddar hiding up top.

I love graving on greens lie a little baby cow with no fur and a ladylike figure.  Yes, I have cabin fever today.  Mooday.


Apologies for slacking on morning music Tunesday, but I had something special up my sleeve.

The Greek Feaster's Take Your Time and Stretch it out Playlist
Because I never, ever take the time that I should to stretch and love my muscles that have treated me so well during their daily beating workout, I created this playlist for long bouts of stretching, lengthening and laying on the floor.

Bon Iver, "Bloodbank"
Explosions in the Sky, "Your Hand in Mine"
Death Cab for Cutie, "Transatlanticism"
El Perro Del Mar, "Change of Heart"
Andrew Bird, "The Happy Birthday Song"

Plus a visual treat to send you off to bizarre dreams.  Yes, that is the official video.

Question of the Day: What is your favorite salad add-in?  I have been loving my basil lately and find that it really "makes" the salad.  I also love crumbled up crackers on top.  I just love salads!  I can be such a girl sometimes always.

Special Announcement: Internet, something big is coming here in Greek Feaster land (cue Jaws theme).  Stay tuned for an exciting reveal Thursday evening-- I stink at secrets, so it won't be any longer than that!  Until then, I leave you with this... hmm, what could it be?


Tip: click here to enter to win a special announcement-related prize.  Yes, really! 

2 comments:

  1. I loooove feta cheese and strawberries on any salad ever. Also I love your blog! I think I'll bookmark it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love seeds on my salads!!! especially sun flower seeds :)

    ReplyDelete