Friday, July 16, 2010

Green is the new blog

Hi guys,

I woke up not feeling pretty blegh after a few days of fighting something.  As I've mentioned before, I tend to have Superwoman Syndrome: I get excited about a lot of things and try to do too much.  Well, after a jam-packed, stressful week, I've got a swollen lymphnode, scratchy throat, headache and some dizziness.  I feel a cold coming on.

Summer Doctor's orders?  A dose of the big C, using fresh fruits, veggies and herbs I snatched up at Haymarket.


A glorious bounty for less than $8.

Into the juicer went:


Parsely, mint, green apple, ginger, pineapple, lemon and celery.  Zing a ling!

Layers.



Plus a fun verde ingredient:


Matcha powder- the real deal!  A pen pal from Osaka sent this to me a few years ago as a birthday gift, and it's been a very special treat in my tea rotation ever since.  It still tastes fresh because I keep it in the freezer.



Yum-timidating.  I drank it in about three gulps.

If this is nature's way of sending me to bed after a long and trying week, so be it.  I'm off to read childhood books, sip tepid tea and doze. 

Yours in green,


















Sicky

No comments:

Post a Comment