Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Count Snackula

Hoooootie hoo, y'all!  Happy Wednesday.  We're ovah the hump.  Can you believe that?  I cannot, as I have only worked two days this week.  Now on to the posting, before I have to dodge rotten tomatoes like some janked-up Fozzie Bear!

-----

I had another yogurt bowl for breakfast.  It was delicious and most cooling on my mouth, as even my MOUTH feels hot in this hot, sticky New England summer foolery.  I have yet to successfully photograph a yogurt bowl, which is to say that I have yet to make it look appetizing.  This morning's contained a layer of chopped banana, a generous portion of Low-Fat Vanilla Stonyfield and a handful of homemade maple walnut granola.  (Yes, I make granola in this foul summer heat.  Who am I?  To complain, but also, in general.)  I enjoyed a juicy pink grapefruit on the side.

On to the workday snackery!


This bar was Kind to both my mouth and my belly: it tasted like my mom's Christmas cookies (dates, Rice Krispies, coconut, walnuts and buttah) and it kept me full 'til lunch, which featured a salad identical to last night's, more Dr. Krackers, carrots, cheese, an apple, one of the plums I didn't eat yesterday, my photo-bombing plants and my new windowsill.


That there on top is basil.  Makes the salad, I tell ya!
I also enjoyed a Mandarin Orange Sparkling Poland Spring: the Champagne of Waters.


Yes, my office is purple (Mauve Finery to be exact) because my work and my bosses RULE.  Well, they also know that my brain is 95% chia gel, so they probably figured that if they painted my space something purty, it would hypnotize me and I would never leave. 

My afternoon passed without incident.  Snack number two was almonds, raisins, and some downright inspirational Yogi belly tea.


-----

I busted out a great workout at the gym: heavy lifting and a fun 5K challenge.  My running focus lately is  running negative splits.  A negative split may sound intimidating, but all it means is that you run the second half of your race or workout faster than the first.  I like it because it allows me to warm up and finish strong.  Here's how it went down today.

                                                TIME                 SPEED (MPH)
                                                00:00 - 04:00      6.5
                                                04:00 - 08:00      6.6
                                                08:00 - 12:00      6.7
                                                12:00 - 16:00      6.8
                                                16:00 - 20:00      6.9
                                                20:00 - 24:00      7.0
                                                24:00 - 25:00      7.1 
                                                25:00 - 26:00      7.2
                                                26:00 - 27:24      7.3
-----

During my walk home, I came across a vibrant fest.  It was some sort of summer program for school kids involved in hip hop dancing and step!  I stuck around for a few minutes (I'm sorry, fellow crowdmembers-- I was stinky) and had a great time.  The little kids were really cute and SO good.  I wish I could have taken a video!


-----

This week is full of exciting times for me and my baby blog!  Yesterday, I gave y'all a heads up for my big announcement tomorrow.  While you're waiting, did you enter the giveaway?  Anyanticipation, today brought some more exciting news: Greek Feaster has been added to the Boston Globe's New England blog network!  My Boston-raised dad was so proud, he offered to take me to Kane's for a donut!  Not really, he just asked me why there weren't more sports blogs listed.  Go ahead and check it out!  There are a bunch of really great reads in the network and I'm honored to have a spot.

-----

Question of the Day: What's your favorite on-the-go snack?  Apples are my number ones-- Granny Smith or Fuji-- but I also can't resist the many tasty bars on the market.  LaraBars, my heart beats for you!  When I was trying to lose weight, I found that keeping a piece of fruit or a bar in my handbag to be really helpful, especially in emergency (read: happy hour snacks) situations.  It feels good to have a familiar and delicious snack on hand in the face of fries, chips and sodas.

4 comments:

  1. hey pretty lady...read your comment about an angry hen and LOLed

    anyway my snacks on the go...does coffee count ? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Averie, coffee DEFINITELY counts. So long as you don't burn yer bad self! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apples for me too! So satisfying to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your boston globe nod - that's pretty big time. that vibrant fest looks fun!

    http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete