Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day after Christmas

Hi guys!

The day after a big, exciting event is always kind of a let-down.  That is...unless you have new toys to play with.  :D  More on that lata.  Yesterday was so much fun!  It was the best birthday in as long as I can remember.  Let's pick off where I left off yesterday- my big gift from my coworkers.  Did you guess what it was?

I received...

(screamed in an Oprah bellow)

A NEEEEW CAMERAAAA!


Wow wow wee wah!  I started snapping away as soon as I opened it, but alas, I cannot upload the pictures until I install the software.  So you can expect to see my shots in a November or so.

I kid, I kid.  My first photos were of our delicious desserts from Sweet Cupcakes.  They make the most beautiful, jaw-stinging sugary treats.  The cupcakes all look like they walked (just go with it) out of a gourmet magazine!  Check out their flavas; we had Pink Lemonade, Caramel Macchiato, Organic Karat, Sweet Cake, Red Velvet (my favorite!!!), Red White and You, Cappuccino, Boston Cream Pie, Pina Colada, Strawberry Shortcake and Lemon.  I had bites of every. single. one. and got to take the leftovers home.  Too bad they didn't make it that far.  Note to the world: do not leave me alone in a room with cupcakes.  Around 3:30 PM, I WILL loving scrape the frosting off the tops and then walk around the office with a guilty face.  It was my birthday, go big or go home, right?

I'd also like to mention that Suri Cruise is a fan of Sweet Cupcakes- she was photographed at the Harvard Square location this past fall.  And now you know.

As I mentioned yesterday, Jake offered to make me a special dinner.  He kept phoning me to delay my arrival, which was very cute, since he was working so hard!  I was pleased to not be greeted by firemen at his door, but the kitchen DID look as though a bomb had gone off inside of it:


Nothin' like cute boys in the kitchen.  ;)

The Menu
or "things I was craving when my boyfriend called me Sunday night and asked me what I wanted to eat"
Mixed greens salad with carrots, onions, zucchini, candied pecans and balsamic
Macaroni and cheese with chicken, broccoli and bacon
 Giovanna's Mango Coconut sorbet
Pomegranate seltzer
Watermelon margaritas

(the little paper mache man is a luchador that I got for Jake when I was in Santa Fe.  Twas the manliest souvenier I could find.  We like the little luchador to join us for dinners and photographs.  Also note: the tablecloth!  So CUTE!!!)






He did such a great job!  Everything was so tasty.  So tasty, in fact, that I did this...


...and promptly passed out on the couch while he was doing the dishes.  
Yeah, I don't drink so much anymore.

Question of the Day: What's the best birthday surprise you've ever gotten?  I can't pick just one!, but the fact that  my loved ones got me gifts that support my pursuit of healthy living, even though they may not all be into it or understand it (I drink green things.), means a lot.  I also loved reading all of the messages on my Facebook wall!  Oh, technology.  You soften me so.


I'm off to become a digital photography virtuoso!  Move over, Ansel Adams!*

*Author's note: That sound you hear is the late Mr. Adams rolling over in his grave.

3 comments:

  1. haha! i love your oprah bellow. :) that made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday!!!
    (screamed in an Oprah bellow)
    ^ hahahahahaha. I totally heard her shouting that in my head. You made me smile, too. Thanks for that- much needed on a friday morning after a brutally busy day of work ;)

    The best birthday surprise I've ever been given, hm.. My yiayia had a house in the bahamas, and she used to ask me what my favorite foods were months ahead of time. We'd visit around my birthday and there would be a feast of all my favorite things on the day <3 I also used to love it in High School when my friends would decorate my locker! So far, the boy hasn't surprised me on my birthday, but he is always so sweet and takes me to dinner, then gives me the prettiest presents.

    I love what your boyfriend did for you! It looks delish. I've come home to a surprise like that before, just not on my bday. Here's to cute men cooking for us ^~

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lane, why thank you! I'm glad. And thanks for stopping by!

    @Steph, I LOVE that you have a yiayia and a yiayia story. Also, I'm willing to wager a guess that she force-fed you Greek food, no matter what you declared your current favorite eats to be. ;)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete