Hi guys! I arrived in Maine last night. It's always nice to sleep in my childhood bedroom. So nice, in fact, that I slept until 11:53 AM. Yeah... don't remember the last time I did that! I hopped out of bed and got right to work fixing up breakfast.
Maine Blue Oats
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup skim milk
1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 Tbsp. raspberry peach preserves
1 Tbsp. peanut butter
Pinch of cinnamon
Shake of salt
Epic oats.
Yup, my dad keeps a measuring cup in the oats. Handy! And now you know where my exactidue comes from.
Dry.
Wet.
Jam for the oatmeal. I grew up shopping at Hannaford markets, so it's a big treat for me to come home and shop in one. Plus, they have a fantastic gourmet foods line: "Inspirations" (said in a whispery voice).
I ate my blue oats in a blue bowl (the very same I used as a wee one!) and enjoyed them with some icy fresh pineapple prepared by Dad.
I enjoyed breakfast al fresco. Twas very peaceful.
I generously shared my leftovers with a fly. Yucky! Sorry.
I have a race tonight so I'm pushing the waters all day to ensure that I'm well-hydrated. My pint glass will be my buddy wherever I go today!
Question of the Day: What's your favorite part about going Home? I love sleeping in my old room and the smell of my house.
See you soon for a race recap. Thank you, also, for your kind words on my last post. It really, really means a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment