This afternoon, my mama and I made a pit stop at Ocean State Job Lot for snacks on the way to the train station. I have been oscillating between having no appetite and being ravenously hungry (with few regular meals, given the stressful travel times). We stocked up on some healthy snacks at farm stands and supermarkets, but my eating schedule has been totally out of whack. I figured OSJL would have some good eats for the train and for my lunches this week. By the way, in case you didn't know, OSJL sells overstock from department stores, supermahkets and other places. I grew up with Marden's and Reny's back in Maine, so I am well acquainted with these one-off wonder stores. Check out my sweet finds!
Yummy, yummy. I have been wanting to try these babies for a while. They have a nice vanilla flavor, sort of graham crackery, and would be equally good in a trail mix or atop oatmeal.
I spied these on Averie's blog a long, long time ago and they have been in the back of my mind ever since. Yes, images of cookies lurk in my most lately thoughts. Anysubconscious, there are no words for these. Well, there is one: delicious. Delicious. Delicious.
Protein power! I've made my own roasted chickpeas and they are so good. I snagged these for convenience and I loved the ingredient list: just garbanzos, seasonings (paprika, chili powder and cayenne) plus a little bit of soybean oil. Although, no lime juice in the ingredients. Weird.
Mom also tipped me off to the entire aisle devoted to Bob's Red Mill products. If you're local, you may want to look into buying from OSJL, as it's infinitely more affordable than in-town (Boston, at least) supermarkets.
------------------------------------
Also, Happy Tunesday! Here is a special playlist for you people to try out today: I used it during my 4 mile race last weekend. Very high energy and lots of good pulsing beatsies.
Twas a fine, fine race playlist. ...although I don't think that Mimi would appreciate the fact that I was listening to such hurdy gurdy as hip-hop and rap. Or the devilry known as Danity Kane. Come think of it, I don't condone that, either. This is my embarrassed face.

No comments:
Post a Comment