Mooooooooooooooooooooooooonday.
Well, the only good way to start anything on a Monday is with some vittles. So let's get down to that!
Some almondias, a fuji, the juiciest pink grapefruit I've ever had and a FUEL box. What is that orange Lego-lookin' thing, you ask? It's just my spiffy new sandwich holder, another great find from Gadgets in JP! It's simple solutions like this that make me endlessly happy. Gone are my pancaked sandwiches in plastic bags or waxed paper. My sammiches are fresh as a sammich daisy in this container- good for the earth and it's good for me! This is something I'd love to put in my OpenSky shop. Speaking of which... only seven days 'til it launches like a rocket.
But back to the food.
Oh, this sandwich. I'm a long, tall lady. That said, I'd like to steer clear of the skinnypickle Olive Oyl look in favor of a strong, healthy bod. Enter protein. I'm trying to get more of it, and a delicious turkey sandwich is one of the simple ways I do it! Because lets be honest: you can only drink so many shakes.
Yes, that would be 1/4 lb. of turk.
One woman demolition crew.
Later on, I enjoyed some homemade trail mix with almonds, raisins, pepitas and figs (which I ate before I could photograph... sheepish.).
Yummy, yummy! Coulda used some chocolate, though.
I had a medical appointment after work, so I skipped out on the gym. Instead, I did one of Zuzanna's killer at-home workouts: 15 Minute Hot Body Workout. And lo, twas hot. My shirt was sweaty after just 12 minutes! I took out the knee raises because I don't have any setup for that, and I chose not to swap in another move because I'm going easy today. : )
Here are my "scores" for the three rounds:
Side jump lunges 36; 41; 44
Reptile push ups 20; 22; 20
V-crunch 37; 34; 35
Prisoner half squats 41; 42; 41
I love these workouts because they usually don't require equipment besides an interval timer (there are lots of free programs online) and they give you a truly beastly burn. Seriously, if your body isn't jelly at the end of a BodyRock workout, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!
Finally, I want to share with you a happy green thing and kinda dirty confession. I'm kind of a trash-picker. As a child reared on Saturday-morning garage sales who grew into a dumpstering college girl, I appreciate a bargain. Mostly the free kind. Readers, I bear not puffs of grime in the manner of Pigpen; I prefer to think of it as chic, useful recycling. Gleecycling, if you will. Peep my latest find!
A cool rag rug for my bedroom. I spotted it on the side of my road amongst some yard sale leftovers and dragged it home, gave it a bath in the washing machine, then unfurled it onto the floor. Pretty cool, huh?
Here are a couple more scores I've secured during the past year:
An epic Norfolk pine that someone in my old building was going to THROW AWAY! The horror. I put a pretty glass bulb on him and set him up really purty like.
A cane chair that I painted and slapped an Ikea cushion onto before perching my butt on it and using it as my computer seat.
Question of the Day: Have you ever rescued something from a sad fate in a trash heap, or does the cheese stand alone here? Dish!
omgzzz all i ever do is find things on the street and bring them home to my humble abode. it's seriously the best thing ever. your tree looks like a charlie brown xmas tree love itttt
ReplyDeletehttp://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/
So fun - I love making someone else's trash my treasure! Love the chair, too.
ReplyDeleteOne time my husband and I found a big couch on the side of the road. We loaded it up and took it all the way home, and the second we got it in our house our dog peed all over it! She never has accidents, so I think it must have had other animal smells all over it. anyway, once we got it inside we realized it was actually broken (and really nasty lol) so we had to figure out how to get rid of it then. what a pain! but it made a fun story:)
@dulci, it is my Charlie Brown xmas tree! I'm so glad you picked up on that. I was going to note it, but didn't want the tree reference AND mention of Pigpen in a single to freak out any Peanuts conspirators. ;) Also, I want to see your haircut!
ReplyDelete@Candice, that is quite a tale! I think we've all been overcome by the trashpicking endorphins at one time or another and schlepped home something that is not that great in reality. I love that Olive market her territory on it, haha! Funny now, probably not so much when there was fresh urine on your furniture.
P.S. SO ANNOYING that I can't reply directly to comments on Blogger! Unless, of course, I can and I'm just stupid.
That rug is so great! I haven't gotten anything that great on the side of the road, although at the end of any given semester I usually ended up abandoning something with a "Free to a good home" sign (I mean, like, computer speakers... I made it sound like I was leaving a puppy by the side of the road, hah).
ReplyDelete