Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thirsty Thursday

Hey peeps!  How's Thursday?  I woke up on the wrong side of the spray tan (that's what I get for staying up late watching Jersey Shore clips) and was very, very cranky today.  The low point was when I heard peals of thunder and spotted lightning zig-zagging across the Boston skyline.  Curses!  I was just starting to get over my BodyRock soreness and had planned to run.  It rained and it rained and it rained and it rained and then it stopped.  I hit the pavement and then I was right as rain.

The run:

2.22 miles
17:50 minutes
7.5 mph
8:00/mile pace

Fast and furious.  Reunited and it feels so good!

I have yet to debut my birthday gift to myself, so here you go:

Ta-da!  I purchased a small CamelBak because I am working on increasing my distance and I missed my water.  Sadly, there was no way I could run with a bottle- I often run with my iPod in my hand, and I didn't want to juggle too much stuff!


Look, Mom: no hands!


I'm the last person you'd want to run into in a darkened alley!  I feel like such a Power Woman with this bad boy on my back.  I know some people aren't fans of CamelBaks (as my father said, people traveled for thousands of years without 'em!  Including, of course, my father.), but I love mine.  It makes me feel so proud.  I could run across a desert, you guys!

After my run, I hit up CVS.  Fact: money burns a hole in my pocket post-workout.  I went through a bad spell of buying scratch tickets at the train station after my gym trips a few months ago.  Naughty naughty!  Today I indulged in some cheap and clean shop therapy.  Trust me, this visit was for the good of the world.


Delicious shampoo to launder my sweaty, matted rat's nest!  Tres chic.  I love using a tingly, minty shampoo or body wash after exercise, especially in the summer.  It's so refreshing!

Proof:


(The shampoo I just ran out of.)

-------------------------------

Finally, I want to share some silliness witchu.

This weekend, Jane and I were walking in our neighborhood after enjoying some Pink Grapefruit sorbet at JP Licks (yes, that is the highlight of this story) when we came across a FREE! sign atop some yard sale remnants.  Curious beasts that we are, we investigated and found a true beauty.


Internet, meet Lazarus.  No, that's not how we found him, that's how I left him in front of Jane's door the following morning.  You see, we have been playing a hardcore game of Hide the Lazzy.  Because he's creepy!  And it's fun.


Round 1: I leave Lazarus outside Jane's door.


Jane returns the favor by nestling the Lazmeister on my vanity.  Well played.

Round 2: I forgot to take a picture, but I lovingly tucked Lazarus into Jane's purse.  I hope he went to work with her.  After that, the ball was in her court when I received this text: "I burst out laffin' evertime I find that baby".  I couldn't wait to come home, but I couldn't find the baby!

Lazarus, where art thou?!

I was nervous that Jane's hidey place for Lazzy was in the trash, but then I came across this.


Notice anything?


Poor Lazarus spent the night surrounded by my dirty drawers!  Just kidding, nothing that touches me ever gets dirty, it is left only with the whispers of the finest roses and musks.

I have hidden Lazarus again and will update you with photographic evidence once his other mommy finds him.  Because this is what adults do.

-------------------------------

Question of the Day: This one goes out to those of you with CamelBaks.  I have been wearing mine a lot to get used to running with it, as I plan on wearing it during my 4 mile race next Friday (!!!!).  However, I am having some awkwardness with the mouthpiece- where does it go?!  Am I supposed to hold it in my hand, tuck it into my bra, or what?  Sigh, First-World problems.

2 comments:

  1. I just bend the Camelbak tube until it sits in position; this works well for cycling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, John! 'Preciate it. I guess I'll just have to experiment with it some more.

    ReplyDelete