Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Feaster: interrupted

A quick programming note: due to a family emergency, I will be traveling between Maine and Massachusetts a lot during the next few days.  Hence, posting will be light.  But I will do it, largely for my own sanity.

I spent the day with my family in the Plymouth area.  Jake was my knight in shining armor and drove me early this morning.  I brought snacks.


Always a Feaster, even in times of crisis.  Besides, I wanted to make sure my family had access to some quick, healthy snacks without having to think or travel.

My mom and I took a break to eat our lunch outside.  We parked the car at her Grammy's home, which my mom visited every Sunday when she was little.  In true Mom Feaster form, she marched right up to the house, knocked on the door and explained her connection to the property.  The current owners invited us in and showed us around.  I loved picturing my mom playing in the house as a child.  It was very sweet and very, very small, but she said that all 35 grandchildren would pile in on Christmas morning!


Then, we walked down to the water to chat and eat.

4 comments:

  1. I hope everything is okay with your family! I'll be thinking of you.

    What a special time for you and your mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snacks are crucial. Hope everything goes as well as possible. Good vibes sent to ya, hon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sending good thoughts to you and your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the well-wishes, my sweet friends! It means more than you may think.

    ReplyDelete