Friday, August 6, 2010

Picture the makeover scene from Clueless. With the music.

Hey sweeties!

Tonight I am just resting at home and watching Dateline.  I love Dateline.  I am planning on trying to get some rest and relaxation this weekend (plans include CSAing and walking on the esplanade), so tonight's post will be brief so I can go get my Stone Phillips on :D

Before I go any further, I just want to give y'all a heads up on a very beautiful giveaway.  There has been a lot of bloglovin' for Operation Beautiful this week, and rightly so!  Check out Candice's post and enter to win your own copy of the brand spankin' new OB book.

---------------------------------

I kicked off my R&R weekend with a MAKEOVER!  Well, maybe more like a trimover.

BEFORE


I'm growing out my straight-across bangs, so I usually twist them back and clip them into a bobby pin


Halfway through the day, I usually get fed up with the feeling of heavy hair on my shoulders and face, so I pull it up into a ponytail.  Easy peasy.  Not very chic.


HAHAHA why am I smiling?!, I can't believe I'm putting these on the internets!  The eyebrows.  Truth be told, I have them waxed pretty much once per year and follow the pattern when I tweeze on my own.  However, after a while, they get... unruly.  Flat, thick and unruly.  You've heard of Where the Wild Things Are, no?  Yeah, it's kind of like that.

I hit up Fresh Hair in JP.  They were fabulous to accommodate my brows and mane on such short notice!  Affordable, too.

AFTER


Hey girl hey!

Ok, so it looks exactly the same.  But mah eyebrow bones be tinglin' and my head feels 20 lbs lighter, so I know that there's a difference!

I can still pull back my bangs, too.  Even though you can't see a big difference, it feels a lot healthier.  Plus, it's good for the soul- ladiess, amIrite?

----------------------------------

Behold: the reveal of my last Lazarus hiding spot.  Look at Jane's beautiful tapestry!


Ding, ding!  Round 2 ends with Lazzy in Jane's possession.

----------------------------------

Question of the Day: How do you recharge yer soul batteries?  This afternoon, I also enjoyed a great, sweaty workout (using a new-to-me approach that I'll explain tomorrow) and I bought some special foods so I can make a yummy breakfast tomorrow and a fun new tea.  Have a great weekend, guys!

1 comment: