Monday, September 13, 2010

He's snatching your people up.

Internet, not only do I share an apartment with A MOUSE, but our neighborhood has A THIEF.  Last week, sweet baby Jane realized that not one, but two of her bikes had been stolen from our screened porch.  She had two bikes because she is very small and inherited two gloriously adorable children's bikes, not because she swims in a pool of money.  Anytrike, both of the bikes were stolen from right under our noses!  Granted, they weren't locked, but they were on our very private porch.  Recently, I had been thinking about selling my bike, as it's a touch too high for me and hits my no-no whenever I dismount.  Once I found out about Jane's bikes, I decided to not sell mine, out of spite.  I didn't want to give those no-good thieves anything!  Because in my (nearsighted) mind's eye, I imagined that only the guilty party would be interested in bikes on our street.  Well, today, I decided that it was high time to shut up and just get rid of the bicycle.  After I dragged our recycling to the curb (I AM A GOOD CITIZEN), I put the bicycle out, too, all the while brainstorming witty Craigslist post titles 

Free Bike: Will Get You Laid, Possibly.

I came inside, got dinner in the oven while having a quick (8:20, according to my phone) chat with my mama.  Afterwards, I came back to my room and sat down at my trusty laptop to write the Craigslist post to share my bike and reap some good karma (which also means: YOU OWE ME ONE, UNIVERSE).  I couldn't remember the exact make of the bike, so I peeked out the window to check.  And guess what?  YUP.

BIKE IS GONE.

Filthy, thieving Bostonians!  I'm fired up like Antoine Dodson!  I can only hope that some nice person who really needed a bike and spent their days caring for the sick strolled by and fell in love with the bike and rode it off into the distance while a choir of blonde angels crooned over the setting sun.

Anyways, hi, how are you, I am good, here's some food on my food blog.
Y'all already know that I love me some honey.  The kind folks at Sunfood (introduced to me by social shopping mastermind OpenSky) hooked me up with a big jar of Wee Bee's raw honey.  And it is so. good.  The honey is thick, to the point of being gummy and opaque, and is studded with chunks of honeycomb and bee pollen.  This honey is fun-ny (see what I did there?) to eat, because you can chew it! 

The honey universe raised me by one today when my friend Em informed me of her honey-selling coworker at the Museum of Science.  Apparently, he raises (is that the correct terminology??) bees and harvests their honey.  A 1lb. jar of his raw honey is a steal at $7.50!  We'll see how it measures up to the others I've tried.  Em's gonna hook me up with some, methinks, and I'm so excited to host a menage-a-trois between Wee Bee, Mr. Science's honey and my taste buds.


Question of the Day: Do you guys like honey, or am I alone here?  I kind of want to host some sort of honey tasting party, but I'm not sure what it would pair well with in that setting.  I also love molasses and maple syrup.  Sweet saucy thangs.  

My favorite ways to eat honey
with bananas
on apples
over grilled peaches
off a spoon
in a smoothie
drizzled over oatmeal
spooned over ice cream
with chocolate
with chicken nuggets
in sauces (vague, but go with it-- BBQ, etc)
in tea
infused wif herbs

Yeah, I just waxed unpoetic about half-assed (after all, it was about to be officially given away) bike thievery and honey.

2 comments:

  1. Honey is really good in salads with goat cheese and balsamic vinegar :)

    And eh, HI! I just found your blog via Lele Lurves Plants :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anne, thanks so much for stopping by!
    I can't abide goat cheese (who knows why), but I will definitely try honey and balsamic with feta on a salad. Nomtastic!

    ReplyDelete