Recently, while freeing my mind and body in downward-facing dog, my mind drifted to unsavory places. Places where trash festers in a bin on a hot summer's day. Places where gym socks marinade in forgotten plastic bags. And why was my poor, tired brain traveling to these grim locations?
My stinky yoga mat. D:
After several sessions of sweaty yoga and countless hot days on my bedroom floor, my mat was harboring some deeply unpleasant aromas. I knew it was high time to clean it, so I did a quick Google search for homemade mat sprays. Lo! There were recipes aplenty.
I simply poured equal parts lavender witch hazel (a rejected face toner) and water into a spray bottle and scented the batch with a few drops of lavender-chamomile aromatherapy oil.
Spritz, spritz. All it has to do now is dry, and I'll be back in downdog action! Hopefully with my mind drifting to fragrant rose gardens, kitchens with fresh-baked bread, the finest musks of Arabia and my very own pool of money.
Namaste, indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment