I love me some water. Earlier this year, when I was in the process of switching my exercise routine from Chip Bag-to-Mouth Lifts and Beer Can Forehead Crunches to Bicep Curls and Lateral Raises, water was my best, best friend. Hungry? Drink water! Because once you're thirsty, IT'S TOO LATE.
Forget 8 glasses a day. Whether at my desk, chilling at home or running around town, I always have water on my person. I love my Camelbak for that- it's been a godsend during hot summer workouts- but any bottle or jar will do, really. My favorite is this Coke glass I got from Urban Outfitters. I drink from it with my beloved glass straw.
I'd like to remind you people that hydration can be hot or cold. Herbal tea works a treat on a chilly day! You can also find your water in fruits and vegetables. My favorite refresher is cucumber.
Read this sentence in a Martha Stewart voice: In the summer or for a special occasion, it's nice to infuse your water with fruits or fragrant herbs. It doesn't have to be stuffy, though (take off the MS voice now, thanks)- try a basil or simple slice of lemon to give your drink the spa treatment.
I've been feeling yucky today, so I've forced fluids. The big SF vacation is Thursday and with the combination of a long flight and jet lag, I will be pounding waters. Once we land, I'll pick up a bottle to keep in my room or in my handbag whilst walking around, taking in the sights, sounds and smells (please don't be garbage day) of Fog City. To that end, I'm not sure how much I'll be posting. The goal is relaxation and wedding observation, but I'm sure I'll come across many exciting things that I'll need to share with you people straightaway! However, if I disappear, please forgive me. And don't forget me.
Drink your water.
I wanted to add that it is possible to over-hydrate. Drinking water is great, but as with all things it should be done in moderation. I definitely used to drink too much water.
ReplyDeleteI think a certain amount of water is necessary to be properly hydrated and regulate your appetite (if that's something you're trying to do) but at a certain point you're just peeing all the time, and beyond that you might be interfering with your sodium levels.
If my understanding is correct, being overly hydrated can lead to hyponatremia.
Somebody is getting Dutch Oven'd in SF.
ReplyDeleteI love drinking water with flavors added through cucumber, lemon, orange, mint, etc. I don't know why I don't do it for myself at home.
ReplyDelete