Part 1. Jake's mom is giving him a run for his money in Department Sweet and Thoughtful! When it comes to treating a girl right, I guess she taught him most everything he knows. She sent along this basket of dried hydrangeas, a flower I can't kill and won't have to harden my heart and throw away!
Part II. Autumn the Kindhearted presented me with a big bag of goodies - crimson marbles of cherry tomatoes, crisp rosy apples, tender peaches and the prettiest Asian Pear - from her friend's farm in CT. She has lots more at home! I would be jealous if I weren't in good eatin' for salads and apple butter for the next couple of weeks. Sidenote: I didn't even know Asian Pears could grow in New England.
Part III. I spent $25 at the Hispanic grocery store in my neighborhood and walked away with a king's ransom of pantry and soup staples. Gimme all you got, winter! I'll meet you on October 1st with an empty stomach, warm socks and my dutch oven.
No comments:
Post a Comment