Thursday, September 23, 2010

I can't believe it's cocoNOT butter.

I decided on a simplified version of Jessica's apple nachos for dessert tonight.


I wanted to use my freshly-purchased coconut butter as the topping for the crown jewel, the center apple.  I wanted it to be drizzly, so I put my solidified coco butter in the microwave.  It came out like this:


You guys, I think it seized! My $13 (woe is me, that's another story) coco butter is now totally grainy. :( :( :(
I tried simmering it.


It did coconut work.  I planned to try other things (a warm water bath, prayer), but I really just WANTED MY APPLE treat first.  I ended up stirring some coco granules into a wee bit of maple syrup.


This yielded a buttery, spreadable mass, but I could hardly enjoy it.  It wasn't right!


:( :( :(

What do I do?  I am the worst cocomom ever.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! I've never had coconut butter so I don't know what to tell you. I hope you found another way to enjoy the nachos though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like something that would happen to me! I wish I could help. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I suppose I kind of deserve it for spending so much on a silly foodie item. My mom would smack my hands with a spatula and lock up my purse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bummer. :( I'm always nervous to try expensive foods like that because I'm afraid of messing it up!

    ReplyDelete