In not-so-happy news, my hip is painin' me. After my last race, I decided to unwind by experimenting with some different forms of cardio for a few weeks. The break was a great idea, in theory; I really liked experimenting with more home workouts and even dabbling in yoga. Unfortunately, I think I still managed to push myself too hard by doing three 90-minute power yoga classes (from nothing!) last week, because I noticed some soreness in my knees, shoulders and hip after last Thursday. I focused on stretching and giving my body the rest it craved for a few days before heading out for a run on Sunday. Needless to say, it did not go well. I was uncomfortable and my hip went from feeling mehhh to a real nagging soreness over the course of 3 miles. We're going on a week, now, and I haven't been able to shake the pain.
I know that I need to rest, but... I miss running.
I'm sitting in my room, sweatband around my head (from the heat wave alone, sadly), gazing forlornly at my lonely sneakers in the corner. If a fortune-teller had shown me this image in a crystal ball a year ago, I would have LOL'd before trying to sweet talk the gypsy into buying me a drink. Is bourbon a carb?
![]() |
| [sourcery] |
So while I give my hip some sweet time to feel happy, I'll stick with upper-body workouts like the one I did today.
Come Back, Hip! Workout
perform all exercises with 10-lb. dumbbells
- Plank rows x 15
- 21s x 10
- Lat raise x 10
- Skull crushers x 10
- Shoulder press x 15
- Front raise x 12
- Overhead press x 12
- Push ups (body weight only) x 15
- Side crunch (body weight only) x 25 each side
If I were a car, I'd totally be sporting an I'D RATHER BE RUNNING bumper sticker. Yeah, I'm a car.
Question of the Day: Do you have a favorite at-home move or workout routine? If so, please share! I got da blues like Kraft Easy Mac. Hmmph.

Ah I can't work out at home... I need a gym to be motivated! Cute blog! ;)
ReplyDeletexxx
P.S: I'm having a giveaway that I think you'll love... ;) come and check it out!
http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-blog-design-ihod-giveaway.html
Awww...I'm so sorry about your hip. I've never really experienced an injury, but I can only imagine how frustrating it must be!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you've heard it - but I love Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Not sure how that would do on your hip though.