Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mornin'.

A Greek Feaster breakfast, presented in six courses.


One: Pumpkin oats (1/3 cup soymilk, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup pumpkin, pinches of salt and pumpkin pie spices) topped with raisins, homemade apple butter, walnuts and homemade pumpkin butter.

Two: Coffee, black, brewed using a Melitta cone stuffed with Trader Joe's French Roast, spiked with pumpkin pie spices.

Three: Water, to hydrate.

Four: Vanilla, to stir in oats midway, as I forgot to add it to the pot.

Five: Morning medication, part of a complete breakfast.

Six: A square of Trader Joe's Organic Dark Chocolate Truffle, to celebrate Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. Haha! Part of this well balanced breakfast...

    I'm all about chocolate for breakfast. Great thinking! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried pumpkin in my oatmeal!! Your mashup looks delicious though; I'm not the biggest pumpkin-y fan, but maybe this will finally convert me. Also lovin' the biceps in your previous post. Work it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I EAT CHOCOLATE FOR BREAKFAST TOO! I'm glad we're on the same page with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I figure that chocolate is a HAPPY start to the day, and then my cravings are out of the way ;)

    ReplyDelete