Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sprouting Wheatberries.

A photo journey, the second in my adventures of sprouting!

Day 1: Poured into the jar



Day 2: Soaked



Day 2: Drained



Day 3


 
Day 4



Day 5



Day 5: The Feast



Day 5: The Aftermath



Notes
  • Look how fat the sprouts are at the bottom of the jar!  It must be because of the water pooling down theyah.  I can't wait to get to them. 
  • I enjoyed the first harvest in a salad of CSA lettuce (very dark green, almost spinachy), spiralized carrot, forked and sliced cucumber (a la Averie), pumpkin seeds, garlic, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.  I didn't have a huge appetite when I sat down to eat this, but... as you can see, I did a pretty good job ;)
  • The sprouts are stored in the fridge, in their original jar, with a paper towel stretched over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment