Saturday, September 11, 2010

I ate chocolate with my trainer.

Hey peeps!  I hope you are having a glorious September Saturday.  I can't seem to get going today; even though I ran, it was not my best work, and I'm currently posted up in bed.  I tried to do a yoga podcast and said PHOOEY nine minutes deep. 

So let's rewind to better, more energized and better-fed times.

----------------------------

Yesterday afternoon, I ate my CSA pear for dessert at lunch.  I know what you're thinking, "Oh, BFD, it's a pear," but twasn't just any pear.  It was ripe, juicy and perfect.  I never really buy pears, because I always seem to pick the dry, mealy flavorless ones.  WHY ME

It tasted like a Jelly Belly that grew on a tree!
So I was on a Fuji kick.  Then a Minneola kick.  I may now be on a pear kick!

----------------------------

I had a dinner date with my old trainer and some of her other clients after work last night, and had some time to kill before our 6 PM res.  The Boston Ahts Fest is happening this weekend, so I walked down there to check it out.  It was ok.  The highlight of the fest was:


BARS!  Free Larabar minis as far as the eye can see.


Sunnybunnybarz.


MORE BARS!

Cascadian Farms also had a booth at the event.  I took samples of their chocolate almond granola and some kinda granola bar.  I ate the bar already- it was good, but nothing to write home about.  As opposed to the cherry pie Larabar, which makes me want to do a thing like this:


I would do terrible, ungodly things for a case of them gingersnap bars.  Last night, I was seriously considering making a pitstop at a joke shop to buy some of those Groucho glasses so I could go back and get MORE MORE MORE bars.

----------------------------

After having my fill of barz and scrounging up what little dignity I do have, I hopped on the train and headed over to East Boston for a Brazilian Bonanza at Oliveira's.  The food is served on a buffet, so you can load up your plate with fried plantains and other sides before heading back to the churrasceria section (see also: HEAVEN on a spit) of the establishment.


Before tucking in to my vittles, I sampled chicken heart.  You heard me.


It was sort of gritty, chewy and very salty.  I have an adventurous palate, but I wasn't down with chicken heart.  I actually kind of wanted to spit it out, but refrained from doing so, because I am an elegant flower.

After the feast, there was some of this:


And then this happened.


In case you're wondering, NO my horsey didn't get any food because the buffet was out of hay, apples and salt lick. Speaking of which, the food at Oli's was good, but a bit too salty for me.  I came home and chugged a 40 of water and called it a night!

It was fun to go out and do something different.  It's always a treat to see Monika, my trainer, and I loved meeting some of her other victims clients!

----------------------------

I have a busy afternoon of laying in bed ahead of me.  Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. very pleased that I am also lying in bed while on my computer! Mostly just wanted to post saying that my dad eats&loves chicken hearts. ew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cat! Thanks so much for your thoughtful comments. I like them.
    My mom informed me that my grampy used to like chicken hearts. I think it was my mom, at least. It could have been my dad. Talking about his dad. Oh, bother. Anychicken, the parent went on to gripe about how you can never buy a chicken giblet anymore without purchasing the whole bird! Tragedy upon tragedies.

    ReplyDelete